The Start

This is a time of great uncertainty, and I am seeking a place to present my thinking. So I am setting up this place. I am not going to try to present anything spectacular. I really am not that talented. I just want to record my thinking, and I hope to do this each day.

I am getting old and I am a T2 Diabetic. I have also had about of pneumonia earlier this year. So I am seen as a person that needs to take extra precautions. My work has set me up to work from home. There has been two major issues of this. The decisions to have me work from home was made very fast, and not everything was set up completely. I do not have a working phone. However, I need to log into the phone system. As I do not have working phone, I am logging into the to the phone on my desk. This means that every call sent to me rings on an unattended desk, and the system records that I missed a call. I will always miss the call the way things are set up.

The other thing is that I am living with my sister. She is also working from home. However, she is salaried and the concept that she has to get her assigned task done. She has not understood that there is a schedule. I take break as assigned and I can not eat lunch or have breaks, when I want.

Also, working is not what you think it is. You would think that you would be able to have more control over your day, but that is not true. Also you do not have the support or even the presents of your co-workers. I find it a very lonely situation.

Well, this is the start.  

Comments